There are so many different recipes for Banana Bread out there. This is more of a Banana loaf as it’s definitely more of a cake than bread. Some like to add cinnamon or vanilla essence which is completely up to you, I haven’t here as I wanted the Banana flavour to shine through. You can substitute the light brown sugar for caster sugar if you prefer but I quite like the caramel flavour the brown sugar provides.
140g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
140g soft, light brown sugar
2 large egg, beaten
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and the mashed bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea and relaxing on the sofa.