This super easy Banana Bread is a perfect treat for the weekend and can be whipped up and ready to eat in less than an hour, making it an ideal way to spoil your mum this Mother’s Day.
There are so many different recipes for Banana Bread out there. This is more of a Banana loaf as it’s definitely more of a cake than bread. Some like to add cinnamon or vanilla essence which is completely up to you, I haven’t here as I wanted the Banana flavour to shine through. You can substitute the light brown sugar for caster sugar if you prefer but I quite like the caramel flavour the brown sugar provides.
140g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
140g soft, light brown sugar
2 large egg, beaten
140g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add the eggs with a little flour. Fold in the remaining flour, baking powder and the mashed bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a cup of tea and relaxing on the sofa.